This is Simplicity 1301 in a floral Cotton/Lycra blend with short Ambiance rayon lining. I will definitely make this pattern again. I love the bateau neckline, slim fitting bodice, lack of a waist seam, and the slits on each side at the hem.
This dress has just two primary pieces – the front and back – which would make you think it’d be super-fast and easy to make, but it’s fitted with fourteen (!) darts: one on the front and back of each shoulder, two bust darts, and eight contour darts around the waist.
Pattern (Size 16; Bust 34) mods that I remember:
- Moved the zip from the side seam to the back.
- Removed 1.25″ in length from center back and faded to 0″ at side seams.
- Lengthened the bust darts by 1/2″ each
- Deepened the outer back contour darts by 1/4″ each
- Removed 5/8″ from top of back seam fading to 0″ about 8″ down
- Removed 6″ from skirt length and moved the marking for the side slits up accordingly.